Just to clarify, this is more of a concept piece, not an actual product. We are
trying to roadmap features and integration points for the next 18 months.

________________________________
From: Bryan Minihan <bjmini...@gmail.com>
To: erpdesigner <erpdesig...@yahoo.com>; disc...@ixda.org
Sent: Fri, November 20, 2009 1:04:59 PM
Subject: RE: [IxDA Discuss] Question on brainstorming personas

Oh, my favorite kind of project =]

One way to reduce the amount of brainpower to follow your methodology for a
global, every-man system would be to reduce the size of your first-run
audience.

That is, if you don't yet know what the goals, tasks and workflows are, why
assume the first launch will hit 7 billion people the first day?

Why not make the assumption now that the initial audience will be:
US-centric, easily reached folks who are already interested in the concept,
if not financially interested in the viability of the project.

That's who your first month's audience will be, anyway.

>From there, establish some basic caveats to prevent painting yourself out of
a global audience (localized, lacking obscure cultural references, etc).

Make the 2nd run your global audience, and if the 1st was successful enough,
you'll get the funding to research the folks you're looking for.

Executives/Marketing Folks/Wonks often want to fast track projects and cut
out all the paperwork required to really define it properly.  Yet when you
state (very realistically) that no just-launched app has every achieved its
visionary audience the first month, they call you crazy.

Bryan