On Nov 24, 2009, at 3:25 PM, Alan Wexelblat wrote:

Your opinion is phrased in a haughty and dismissive manner.  If you
don't care to participate in the discussion, there's the 'd' key on
your keyboard, OK?

Good to know what that's for. However, I keep pressing it and all I get is ddddddddddd.

It's my opinion, as I said in the original message, that it's a story
about how UX fits into large corporate culture.  And, yes, it's also
the case that Curtis doesn't understand how the external face of the
company (the AA site) is produced.  But Curtis is (or was) a customer.
And as you yourself noted, the experience that AA is giving its
customers stinks.

I don't think *this* is a story about how UX fits into large corporate culture, since it's told, primarily from the viewpoint outside of the large corporate culture that doesn't get large corporate culture. While there may be a story about how UX fits into large corporate culture, I don't think this is it.

I'll try it again: ddddd. Damn.

Redesigning a Web site is easy.  Redesigning the user experience for a
big complex company is hard, even leaving aside the problems of AA's
particular corporate culture. But it's an important problem for UX
professionals to understand.

We're in agreement there. ddddd. I think mine is broken. Scheduling a Genius Bar appointment.

Or at least, some of us.  If it's not important for you, and you
already know it all, great. Mazal tov.

I think that's Mazel Tov. (Just trying to prove the know-it-all point. :) )

But please don't piss on
others' conversations.

When I think we're focusing on the wrong part of the problem, I always use a haughty and dismissive manner. I'm quite consistent on this.

Of course, if you don't like it, maybe your d key works better than mine.

:)

Pissing away...

Jared