I agree, a lot of things don't really work well. I see the potential, but I
think Scoble is right, when he says google should move away from the email
metaphor. The interface doesn't support organization of the waves very well.
I wrote a piece on the problems I see, but it's in German.

http://blog.rstuder.ch/google-wave-hat-noch-einen-weiten-weg-vor-sic

Problems are:

   - Content and communication about the content are not well
   differentiated.
   - It's hard to really understand what's happening in a wave, because
   conversation is often going on all over the place.
   - It wants to give you a universal inbox, but gives no help to organize
   it.

bye