Hi,

We will be hosting a discussion on IxD university education at
Interaction10 in Savannah:
http://interaction.ixda.org/program/sessions/whos-gonna-teach-the-next-generation/

In this discussion we would like to address the gap that seems to be
emerging between academia and the profession. The central question we
would like to answer is: how do we train graduates who can ‘hit the
ground running’ in professional settings while also ensuring that we
keep a steady flow of researchers and academics who will keep academia
alive and vibrant?

We have already prepared a list of issues that we would like to
discuss at the conference, but we would also like to invite IxD
professionals, lecturers, academics, researchers, ... in this forum to
tell us about things they would like to be addressed in the
discussion. Are you experiencing this gap? Where or how? Do you
sometimes feel that university graduates are too academic, lacking
practical skills? Do you think there should be more academics in the
field of IxD? How can academia and industry better exist side by side?

We will keep and publish notes from the discussion, hopefully
providing answers or directions for most of the issues, after the
conference. (Link will be published here later.)

Thanks,

Martin and Jeremy.