We are looking to recruit a UX designer, to join me in the UX team at
Caplin in London.

Email me your CV to either: duncan.br...@caplin.com or dunx.bee@gmail.com
Job spec below:

Background
-----------------

This is an opportunity to join the UX team of a creative,
fast-growing, profitable, independent software company.

Caplin Systems is a world leader in Web technology for financial
trading. Our clients include many of the world’s largest financial
institutions. We have an immediate vacancy for a UX/UI designer to
work within our agile development team.

This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented UX designer with 2-4
years commercial experience to play a key role at the cutting edge of
real-time RIA UX design, creating ground-breaking UIs and supporting
the continuous UX improvements of our industry-leading products.

Note that this role is true application design, not webpage design,
and a pure design role not a development role.

The role
-----------

You will join an outstanding development team of cross-disciplinary
experts working on a range of rich Internet applications creating
highly interactive UIs that will be implemented in Ajax, Flex and
Silverlight. You will be working closely with our Senior UX/UI
Designer collaborating on concepts and determining priorities. You
will also be required to work closely with major investment banks
providing consultancy on UX project work.

As part of the UX team you will:

- Create wireframes/interaction designs
- Produce rapid, iterative prototypes
- Draw/sketch and scribble a lot
- Design and brand different versions of our applications’ UI
- Originate new user interface concepts and models
- Create style guides and graphical assets for use by developers
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of our UCD tools: Personas,
design maps, contextual scenarios etc.
- Research and define ways to make our applications more intuitive and
attractive
- Support other departments with occasional corporate graphic/web design tasks
- General Health & Safety (this forms a part of all Caplin job specifications).

About you
--------------

You have:

- A passion for innovative visual design, and well-designed user interfaces
- Good communication skills and thrive in a demanding and professional
team environment
- An understanding of UCD principles and current best practice
- Experience of working in an agile or lean development environment
- A degree in Visual/Interaction Design
- A fanatical attention to detail and respect for clean typography and
information design
- A background in visual design, interaction design and print design,
and/or information graphics
- A proven track record in UI design and a demonstrable portfolio of work
- Experience of Adobe CS4 suite
- Some experience of Microsoft Expression Studio/Sketchflow (desirable
but not essential).

Location
------------

8th Floor, Mercury House, Triton Court, London EC2.

Compensation & Benefits
-------------------------------------
- Salary range: appropriate to qualifications and experience
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, gym membership, life
cover, income protection, health/dental options/additional annual
leave
- Great working environment
- 23 days holiday per year rising annually to 27
- Free breakfast bar

About Caplin Systems Ltd

Caplin’s award winning software provides real-time web connectivity
products that allow market data and trading services to be delivered
over the Internet with the security, reliability and timeliness of a
private network.

http://www.caplin.com

br

Duncan Brown