stop the song and jump back to whatever you were doing before the
preview.

3. Add a "preview" button to the web interface to do the same thing as
#1 above.

Reasonably intuitive, and not something you would happen upon without
knowing it's there (avoiding new user confusion).

Gdg, is that what you are looking for? I actually think it's not a bad
idea. I build all my playlists in itunes, but I might use SS instead if
this feature were in there. In itunes, I play a song to decide if I want
to use it, then drag it to the playlist if I do. This kind of does the
same thing.

The bad news is that I have no idea whether this is even technically
feasible in the software architecture, nor do I have the skills to
implement it if it is.

--
superbad