mherger;552263 Wrote:
> > I'm sure there are people here that's willing to help identifying
> > incorrect articles, as I remember we have the "Edit Needed" category
> > which was used previously. Do you want us to use that or do you have
> > something else in mind ?
>
> I think it should be stronger than that. A header jumping in to the
> visitors face. Don't know whether this could be automated based on the
> "Edit needed" category...
>
> --
>
> Michael
I think wikipedia use the following principle:

1.
They define a page, for example Template:EditNeeded and in this
template page they define the scary error they want to include and it
can also contain the [[Category:Edit Needed]] directive so you can
easily find these pages and fix them.

2.
In a page that contains errors they insert the template:
{{EditNeeded}}
This will include the contents from the Template:EditNeeded page.

Sample template page on my own mediawiki site:
http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php?title=Template:EditNeeded&action=edit

And sample usage inside a page:
http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Testing

With this approach, you can make the warning as strong as you like,
it's just a matter of editing the Template:EditNeeded page to contain
the warning you like to show.

When you decide on a solution you like to use, it's probably a good
idea to announce it somewhere in the forum where it's more visible than
in this thread.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))