myvinyl333;650190 Wrote:
> I am considering  replacing my SB3 classic with a Touch.
> Cons: have read here that there is a visual issue as compared to the
> font on the SB3 and the ir remote is very basic.
> Pro: I like the addition of adding a USB HD on the Touch and a color
> screen. Album art
>
> Thoughts and suggestions?
> Thanks,
> jorge

The Classic has better long range visibility, especially if you don't
want to use third party applets on the Touch. However, the visibility
on the Touch isn't bad especially if we are talking 10 feet distance or
less or you are prepared to use third party applets so you can resize
some of the fonts.

Don't rely on the Touch working with a local USB HD, I know it's
advertised to work but in reality it doesn't work reliable for many
people, especially if you have a medium or large library. Many who have
tried have reverted back to running SBS on a NAS or computer.

If you like a central album art display in the room, the Touch is a
good choice but if you prefer to have view what's currently playing on
your iPhone/Android phone the Classic will work as good from this
perspective.

The audio quality from the Touch is generally considered to be a bit
better than the Classic, but if the equipment you are connecting it to
isn't good enough you might not be able to hear the difference.

I would personally recommend the Touch because for me personally it
really makes a big difference to have that color display in the center
of the room.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))