1. hard reset of router and TURN OFF computer on which Slimserver is
installed.

2. Factory reset of SB3 (hold down Add button on remote when plugging
in power to SB3).

3. With the computer still switched OFF I was now able to go through
the wireless setup on the SB3 and the SB3 connected successfully to the
network (the SB3 would not connect previously when my computer was
switched on).

4. Continue through the wireless setup on the SB3 until you reach the
"select music source" screen.

5. Now turn ON computer on which slimserver is installed and your
computer's IP address should appear on the SB3's screen. You should now
be able to connect to slimserver and the SB3 should work (at least it
did for me).

A pretty simple procedure really - just having the computer switched
off... shame I wasted 2 hours tearing my hair out trying to figure it
out!

Dan

PS My router is a 3Com Officeconnect set to "11g only" with MAC address
filtering but no encryption.

--
danruz