gutted Wrote:
> Fair enough - I'll see what I can find in the wiki, thanks :)
>
> My main concern is that the USR kit has a tendancy to fall over if/when
> transferring a large amount of data over wireless.  From what I've
> heard, most wi-fi routers or access points have their own little
> quirks.  (I've heard horror stories about USR, D-Link etc).  Was hoping
> to find a device that is basically robust and reliable, hence why I was
> looking at Which?
>
> Has anyone done (or is it worth doing) a poll on which hardware people
> are using?  If there is a thread, can anyone direct me to it?
>
> I hear lots of nice things about Netgear, for example.  Anyone had any
> problems with Netgear, or does it suffer the same sort of quirks as
> most/all other kit?

I'm not sure if you're looking for feedback on a wireless NIC, or an
access point, but if you're looking for an access point then there's a
pretty good resource on the wiki:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?RouterStatus

There was also a thread not too long ago about what routers people were
using.  Didn't really follow it so I don't know if anything useful was
said.

My experience shows that any and all brands have their good units and
their bad units.  It's really hit or miss.  If you're looking for a
tried and true router/WAP it's hard to go wrong with the old Linksys
WRT54G (now the WRT54GL).

--
azinck3