I'm using 6.5.0 on win XP, which plays AACplus streams OK with no
bitrate limit set.  When a bitrate limit is set for a player, either
SB3 or Softsqueeze 3, I get the message "Problem: Can't connect to
server".

I have switched out the firewall and ensured that all the slim
applications are included in the permitted programs list of the
firewall.  This effect seems related to the use of lame to transcode to
mp3.

I have double checked the entries in "custom-convert.conf" and they are
as per bpa's wiki entry.

6.3.1 worked OK with and without the bitrate limit set.

Can anyone help with further diagnosis?

--
Ramage

Linux CC 3.2 SlimServer Version: 6.3.1 - 8278
Win XP Slimserver Version 6.5.0 Alien 1.06