Hi,

Out of interest I downloaded a couple of tracks from Linn Records last
night - both FLAC files at their 24bit Studio Master quality. As
regards bitrates, one reports as being 1761kbps and the other
2701kbps.

With my SB3 connected wirelessly (router about 6 metres away in the
next room with signal strength ranging from 70 to 80%) the lower
bitrate track plays fine, but the higher bitrate track suffers from
some breakup/stuttering (technical term?).

I then found a 10m ethernet cable and tried wired mode. With it
connected this way both tracks play fine, so clearly my wireless
connection is just not up to the job. However, trying the SlimServer
'Network Test' at 3000kbps does report around a 99% average.

Can anyone tell me if this is what I should be expecting with wireless,
or is my setup performing below the norm? If I thought I could get
better performance wirelessly I'd be more than willing to buy a
new/better router. I'm currently using a Speedtouch 716WL(v5).

Cheers
David

--
david68