I experienced something similar yesterday. When I got home from work, my
SB3 was frozen. The screen was displaying "Now Playing" and "Stopped" -
I had left it playing while I was out. When I attempted to control the
SB3 with the remote, it went blank. My SB3 connects to my music server
via a wireless router running 802.11g and WPA-PSK. I am running
Slimserver 6.5.2 - Debian, firmware rev 81.

I assumed my new Linux music server had become lethargic, but a quick
check indicated it was running fine. Upon further investigation I
discovered I could not attach to my wireless router with my WiFi
laptop, in fact I could not see any wireless networks at all! I live in
an apartment, and normally I can see about 15 other wireless routers
from my laptop that are in the other units around me, above me, and
below me! My wireless router was sitting 2' from my laptop - and I
could not see it in my laptop's wireless network list.

I figured now something was jamming my wireless router, as well as
everyone else's.

I unplugged the SB3. Immediately, the laptop (about 15' from the SB3
and in another room) could see all the other access points again, and
could also connect to my Netgear router again as well. I am afraid I
might have been jamming everyone's WiFi in my building all day? That is
not a pleasant thought.

Upon restarting my SB3 it was fine, and has been playing now for about
12 hours without a hiccup. It had been running for some time without an
issue - I don't remember the last time it was powered off. Apparently
the WiFi card or the SB3 firmware fell into a weird state.

Is there anyway a future firmware revision could detect this and clear
itself, or restart?

-Ron

--
Ron F.

*Squeezebox setup:* wireless SB3 -> CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU
*Main rig:* NAD 7600 + NAD 2600A -> Phase Tech PC-6.5 speakers
*Headphone rig:* Headroom Max -> Sennheiser 650s
*Music Server:* Nano-ITX computer running SlimCD + 750 GByte HDD ->
Netgear wireless router
*Other stuff:* NAD C542 CDP, NAD 6300 Tape, Monster 5100 Power
conditioner, Outlaw Audio cables