My apologies for starting another thread but I have found wading through
the stickied one unmanageable because of the volume of posts in it.

Anyway, I have just installed Vista Ultimate and I am having a lot of
difficulty getting Slimserver to run. When I check services I find that
SlimserverMySQL is running but slimsvc is shown as 'starting' and it
never leaves this state.

I have set slim.exe, mysqld.exe, scanner.exe as having full privileges
within my firewall (zonealarm btw).

I have worked my way through the stickied thread and have tried
everything in there. But still the server is 'locked' in a starting
state. I cannot even stop the service as Vista states that 'Access is
denied'. Is there anything else I can try?

--
johnhaines