peted;215216 Wrote:
> I've a question about having both MP3 and FLAC files of each track
> present in the same music folder. Can the server scanner be made to
> pick up the high quality (FLAC) file if present (ignoring the MP3),
> otherwise resort to the MP3? I run both because other users on our
> network can only use MP3 with various other players. The bulk of our
> collection is on MP3 at the moment but am re-ripping gradually to FLAC.
> I assume both would have to be in the same directory with the same
> filename (apart from the file extension).

No, SlimServer can't do this.  It's been asked a few times.  I think
you just need to be diligent in cleaning out the mp3 copy when you rip
a Flac version of the same album.

I would keep the Flac and mp3 libraries separate, which should make
this kind of maintenance a lot easier.  Create an empty music folder
and point SlimServer at this folder.  Within that music folder, create
a shortcut to the Flac library and one to the mp3 library.

--
JJZolx

Jim