gandt;215865 Wrote:
> I'm using the latest version 1.2.7.0 and i think my problem may be with
> google desktop (recent version downloaded ysterday) . I have the gadget
> installed fine but it refuses to "see" localhost (or 127.0.0.1 or the
> normal machine ip 192.168.2.35) - slimserver is on the same machine.
> But i just get a "please connect to network" notice.
>
> Other google gadgets update normally from the web but i also notice
> that (unless its being very very slow) google desktop is not indexing
> properly - so maybe it cant "see" the machine its installed on either.
> Anyone got any ideas?

The gadget code checks if the machine has an active network connection
as 99% of users will be accessing the server over the network.
I added this check for users that maybe use their machines offline
sometimes (say a laptop) and this prevents the gadget trying to connect
over and over and failing, there is no point trying to connect if there
is no network right!?

I can only assume your machine is standalone and not connected to any
other machines or the internet?
If not then there is a bug with Google's network checking code (which
wouldn't surprise me)

--
JoyrexJ9