iPhone;243844 Wrote:
> With a few variances and slight differences, are we not in general
> describing an iPod or Zune that with the addition of WiFi can just
> happen to use a server if it is in range?  Again, in practice, wouldn’t
> it be better to have an SB3 and powered speakers?

Not at all, the key is the built-in speakers and carry-able form
factor.

External speakers with their additional wires and power supplies are
really messy for this sort of application.  That would be akin to
dragging your home SB3 around with you, which is kind of klunky for
going to the cottage or an outdoor BBQ, picnic or something - even for
an alarm clock (which would also be an ideal application for this).

--
Mark Lanctot