MeSue;276410 Wrote:
> Yeah, I have 5 UPS's throughout my house. I just can't bring myself to
> put one in the bedroom just for the squeezebox.
>
> I do wonder if the surge protector I have in there is faulty. I should
> probably change it out.

The price of small UPSs is so cheap now you should get one instead of
buying another cheap surge protector.

What has probably happened is that the cheapo surge protector uses MOVs
to shunt the surges. MOVs breakdown a little each time they are called
to protect equipment and go bad after X number of hits. With all the
power issues it appears that your home gets, you are much better off
with a small UPS. The UPS will have better surge protection and the
reboots will go away because the SB2 will stay powered through hits and
outages.

Additionally the UPS is a small price to pay to protect your Heart,
Hearing, Speakers, and SB2!

--
iPhone

iPhone

Last.FM http://www.lastfm.com/user/mePhone

Media Room:
Transporter, Vandersteen Quatro Signature, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks, VTL
TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, VCC-5 Reference Center Channel, four VSM-1
Signatures, Runco 710, RAM Oppo DV970HD, VeraStarr 6.4SE

Living Room:
Squeezebox 3, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two
VSM-1, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold

Bedroom:
Squeezebox 3, Thiel 2.3, NAD C370