I know -- champagne tastes on a beer budget. But it shouldn't be that
hard.

I have a nicely working system with two SB3 boxes and a large library
of flac encoded albums, but recently I have been buying music from
sources that offer "studio quality" masters as one of the download
options as well as standard redbook resolution (Linn records, Itrax,
etc).

Since I use an external DAC from Benchmark, all I really need or want
is a WiFi to SPDIF adapter that runs faster than 16-bits at 48kHz.
This need not be built to audiophile/ man-cave standards, and should
cost about the same as standard SB.

Consider it a feature request for SB4, if such a thing is on the
drawing board :-)

Meanwhile if there are any solutions out there, even if they involve
hardware from other companies, I would be interested to know about
them.

--dsdreamer

--
dsdreamer