With absolutely no intention of smearing any real individual named Vladimir, what guarantee does anyone not knowing him personally that he's an honest (or even real, for that matter) person who really locked himself out of his own document, seeking to get back into it?

We can't afford to be that gullible in 2008.

The post came from "Vladimir" whose email address bore a different name as its comment, "istvan pecaros", and whose actual email address was "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". If you are a real guy, Vladimir, seeking answers to an honestly stated dilemma, I'd suggest using your own email account. And I'd suggest to my listmates to practice as much care in answering such posts as they would want someone else to practice if a passworded document of their own might have fallen into someone else's hands.

I'm not trying to be cynical, just practical, and in spite of my above criticism I applaud the helpfulness of all who answered Vladimir.

kazar

(Ilyse Kazar
CEO, Datatude Ltd. <http://www.datatude.net>,
using my "kazar" 'net handle,
posting via the account I use for tech lists)