Matthew Garrett <mj...@srcf.ucam.org> writes:

> When you refuse to present the victims' side of events, you are not
> acting in a neutral way. Why do you seek to defend a rapist while
> refusing to present the accusations?

I met Jacob Appelbaum on 2018 when we invited him to an event we
organized. Although he seemed like a troubled person, he was very nice
to the staff all the time. What I did notice was that he was harrassed
by a woman trying to seduce him even during his talks.

I doubt he would be a rapist. At least at that time, he was the
victim. I have heard allegations both ways. But I have seen no proof
against or in favour of him. Util I see something verifiable, I will
think allegations against him are just gossip.

I do think that there are people that do bad things. But gossip is the
worst way to stop them. I rather think that the people that gossip are
usually the agressors, as were the cases against Richard Stallman and
Julian Assange. People that do not want to be victims must seek help,
not attack others that might be public figures and which might not have
anything to do with the abuse those people suffered from someone
else. Victims usually victimize others, not their agressors because they
fear the agressors. But that does not benefit anyone.