Well, we - and I imagine many others - are actively using this behavior.
So our use-case is simple: a user registers, the user remains inactive
until they click on a link in their mailbox.
That is the behavior is "defined" by django-registration.

-- Gert

Mobile: +32 498725202
Twitter: @gvangool
Web: http://gertvangool.be