This make me think that
apache/mod_python/python installation is fine and that the problem is
in httpd.conf or in my project.

The fact that the child process is dying suggests something fairly low-level, but if you have another MP handler that works OK that's a bit strange. I always had either one or the other. Although I confess I didn't test another handler, I did start getting stack traces when I fixed a few bits.

Have you tried adding PythonDebug On to your httpd.conf? Also, I'm using SetHandler python-program, no idea if that makes any difference though.

Afternoon, man about the Internet -- http://aftnn.org/