On Wednesday 15 February 2006 15:59, Eric Walstad wrote:

> Be careful about what you choose to document.  Django's magic-removal
> branch will be a significant change and there may be other backwards
> incompatible changes before Django 1.0 is born.

I would second that. Have a look here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/VersionOneFeatures
and
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/RemovingTheMagic
to see just how much is going to change.  I think you can probably
implement an app and then convert it to magic-removal without too much
pain, but there are some things I would steer clear of (e.g. using
subclassing, which doesn't even seem to be settled in terms of the
aim).

If you wanted to use the magic-removal branch, its current official
status is 'Not for the faint of heart at this point. Still being
heavily developed.'.  It is fairly usable at the mo', but you may find
a fair amount of time is spent reporting bugs (which would be useful to
the devs, of course, but might not be your aim), and some major bugs
aren't fixed as fast as they are on trunk.

Luke

--
"Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve
as a warning to others." (despair.com)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/