ZebZiggle --

Sorry, if you're not talking about any sort of auto-refresh at all, and
are just talking about fact that in Django the second user's object
will automatically overwrite the object that the first user just saved
in the db, without any warning or error message, then I agree this is a
problem.

I'm a newbie, Is that really the way Django works?  If so, I agree that
in the typical  business app (i.e., not just cms-type apps) there
should be some way to return this warning to the user.

That is, there should be some way to simulate optimistic locking in the
db.  Easiest way I can think of would be to add a timestamp to each
record and to make sure they match when doing updates or deletes, and
to return error message warning user that object has changed if there
is no match.  Of course, I expect it'd be a little more difficult than
that.. .

-- Herb