I'm writing a _manipulator_validate_.....() method. These methods
become methods for the manipulator of a model and will be validated
before save() is called. Any exception of  validators.ValidationError
will very nicely be displayed in the admin interface (if your raise
such an exception in _pre_save, it won't work that way :-( ).

By Googling around I discovered that self.original_object points to the
old object. Which can be very helpfull. But I would also like to access
other objects from the same model (by using get_object or get_list on
the module). Is there a way to do this? It must be possible (for
example to check if the new value is unique for the whole model, or to
check if a value exists in another field of another object).

I'm using the current trunk but willing to change to Magic Removal if
that solves it.

Thanks in advance!

R.