Hi

I'm trying to use django for a web application which will be searching
in an existing database. I won't really need models as the most part of
business logic will be running on the database (in the form of pretty
large sql queries).

What is the best way to issue a sql query to the database bypassing
Django's object-relational mapper?

I've tried the following simple test:

cursor = connection.cursor()
cursor.execute("SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Field1 = %s", 1)
row = cursor.fetchone()

but django reported that it "Could not load database backend: No module
named MySQLdb". The values in settings.py seem to be alright...  Am I
missing something?

Regards,
Filipe