On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:47:35PM +0200, Daniel Baron wrote:
> The first question is whether django supports the declaration of a
> message context (msgctxt) in the .po-files in order to have different
> translations for the same string in different positions of the
> application.

A hack could be to define different strings in the sources (like
"Public1" and "Public2") and provide also an English translation for
those (the rest will be used literally).

> The second question is whether it is possible to remove options (in my
> special case I use the "choices" parameter in my model) depending on the
> language. The background is the following:
> I have a field containing the salutation. In english this would contain
> "Mr, Mrs and Ms" while in most other languages this only contains a
> string for males and a string for females - thus only two options. Is it
> possible to get rid of the third option if no equivalent for that is
> available in a certain langauge?

Check the language and create a var in a view? I haven't done this
myself, though, so I haven't tried saving that. I personally would
workaround that by not using "Mrs".

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov