On Friday 28 May 2010 10:20:55 darren wrote:
> Needing to get this done, I went with SQL.  The sql seems rather
> inefficient.  But, my data set will be rather small.  I posted what I
> went with on Pastebin:  http://pastebin.com/VmiYNXan (good for 24
> hrs).
>
> I don't have much data loaded (just one tournament).  But, you can see
> the resulting table of data here: rankintornadoes.com.
>
> I would still like to know if this would be the recommended Django
> way.  Any advice would be welcome.

interesting - although not directly relevant to what you are asking, I am
doing something similar with golf tournaments, and finally found the best
approach was to put most of the scoring and statistics in the models
themselves. That was painful to do, but now I can generate practically
anything I want from the templates themselves. Like a player model knows it's
statistics ... I mostly use pure python for the calculations and periodically
pickle and save the results for faster access. (please ignore this if it
sounds like irrelevant rambling)
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves