On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:38 AM, barun <barun.sah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The question am pondering over is, whether I should create separate
> apps for each of these sections. I'll have different database tables
> for each of those sections. Or should all the sections come under a
> single app, with a single model.py file defining the related models?

my 2c: separate apps according to functionality, not according to user
perception.

if all (or several of) these sections can be modeled by the same code,
do a single generic app that allows for enough configurability to
manage all the different cases.

for example, there's a well-known tagging app; if you plan to have
tags on, say, theory chapters, and also on references; you would use
the same django-tagging app on both.  similarly; if you can describe
the implementation of your sections with the same code; then use one
app for all of them.

OTOH, if each section has different coding and modelling requirements,
by all means, do separate apps.

--
Javier