On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 03:46:10 +0200, Lachlan Musicman <data...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:16, Martin Tiršel <dja...@blackpage.eu> wrote:

Gah, my eyes were closed.

Have you also added the appropriate Middleware product?

As you see here:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/i18n/deployment/#topics-i18n-deployment
you
need to have soemthing like the following:

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
   'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
   'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',
   'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',)

remember that order is important - that doc page has more info

Hi,

yes, I have correct middlewares installed.

I printed some debug informations into template and LANGUAGE_CODE was set to 'sk' (at this point I sure had somewhere a bug, possibly not compiled translation I accidentaly deleted), but when I checked it now, there was 'en'. LocaleMiddleware takes the language code first from session, then cookie, THEN Accept-Language from HTTP and if it all fails, then from settings. But my browsers are set to 'en' and that was the "problem".

So, if I want to specify only single language in settings.py, I have to REMOVE 'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware' from middlewares, else settings.LANGUAGE_CODE is ignored (AFAIK today every browser sends Accept-Language).

Martin