Excuse if my answer was hard. I didn't know that you were the author, but I
think that compare the Open Source community with things as Apple consumers
is a stupid point of view IMHO.

Some of the points are correct, but not all, I agree with James Benett
arguments.

Your post is an opinion, and some of use can have another opinions, however
you tell for opinions, so we give them to you :D But really sorry if you
felt offended.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 20:01, Ramdas S <ram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM, James Bennett <ubernost...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM, didier rano <didier.r...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > What do you think about this post
>> > ? http://blog.skeedy.com/django-rails-but-a-cost-to-pay
>>
>> I think...
>>
>> * A community, but it is not so easy to find developers compared to Java
>> or .NET
>>
>> True, but finding *good* developers in any language, which is the real
>> goal no matter what you're working with, is so difficult people write
>> whole books on it and *still* fail.
>>
>> * With dynamic languages, we cannot use powerful IDE as Visual Studio.
>> It is not a problem for me, but some developers like completion,
>> compilation…
>>
>> Eclipse/PyDev will do this. Komodo will do this. Aptana will do this.
>> Visual Studio will do it with IronPython. Shall we continue the list
>> of IDEs which work with dynamic languages and offer all the crutches
>> people are used to?
>>
>> * Quality check tools are less powerful because dynamic languages
>>
>> Just in the Python world, PyLint, Cheesecake, coverage.py and quite a
>> few other quality-checking libraries would like to have a word with
>> you, along with approximately eight zillion testing frameworks,
>> harnesses and mock-object libraries.
>>
>> * Difficult to use Java or .NET libraries. Example: A lot of analytics
>> semantic libraries exist in Java, but not in Python.
>>
>> So use Jython, which lets you blend together Python code and Java
>> libraries any way you like, and even lets you deploy your Python
>> applications as Java WAR files. Or IronPython which does pretty much
>> the same with .NET.
>>
>> * Small and smart community then some developers could be arrogant, be
>> “the chosen one”.
>>
>> Says the guy who's been factually wrong on every technical statement
>> he's made about Python so far in this post?
>>
>> * “Religions” wars are useless…
>>
>> And of course, no Java developers or .NET developers ever have silly
>> or pointless arguments. Only people who use dynamic languages do
>> that... or something?
>>
>> * A lot of freelance developers, but startups needs to have internal
>> developers too.
>>
>> Doesn't this contradict the first point? "It's so hard to find
>> developers" versus "wow, there are so many developers I can contract
>> with".
>>
>> In other words, this is poorly researched, factually wrong on most of
>> its points, arguably self-contradictory... and you expected people not
>> to argue with you about it?
>>
>> 2/10. Do better next time.
>>

> 1.5/10
>
>  --

Please, don't send me files with extensions: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt
and/or .pptx
http://mirblu.com