Unfortunately I'm not very well versed in proxying and SSL, etc.
I'm not sure I understand how mod WSGi eliminates the need for SSLRedirect.

I implemented the Lincoln Loop setup, but if I go to the http:// admin page I
am not redirected to https:// as I would like to be.
From: django-users@googlegroups.com [django-us...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Michael [newmani...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:00 PM
To: django-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: SSL with Django, Apache, mod_wsgi and nginx

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Colleen A Josephson
<cjos...@mit.edu<mailto:cjos...@mit.edu>> wrote:
I just set up a site that uses nginx to server static media and Apache/mod_wsgi
to deal with the Django stuff.

How would I go about dealing with SSL? Would the setup be on the nginx end or
the Apache end? Could I still use SSLRedirect middleware?

Thanks,
-Colleen

There isn't really much of a need for SSLRedirect Middleware with WSGi any
more. This setup is really a nice one IMO. Thanks to Lincoln Loop for  putting
it up: http://lincolnloop.com/django-best-practices/deployment/servers.html

Hope that helps,
Michael