On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM, PieterB <pieter.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can it be disabled globally?

If you have a Django 1.1 project that you have upgraded to 1.2, then
CSRF protection will *not* be enabled by default. In order to enable
it, you need to follow the migration instructions in the 1.2 release
notes.

The exception to this rule is the admin site; the admin site has CSRF
protection turned on, and no, it can't be turned off. We have
intentionally added CSRF protection as a non-optional part of the
admin as a safety mechanism. Django's admin app is a common and highly
visible component of Django projects, and as a result, it is a likely
target for any malicious activity. Forcing CSRF protection on the
admin is our way of ensuring that Django's admin site is not the
vector used to attack a Django site.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)