Thank you,

however, I am at loss to the syntax of specifying the bind variables for the
raw Django query! I've tried everything (like separating the select
statement and the "exec" addition with ;) and still  get a variety of error
messages.

Do you know how to write a query with binds that will go through?

Thanks
Maxim