On Aug 23, 2:26 pm, Reinout van Rees <rein...@vanrees.org> wrote:
> On 08/23/2010 08:54 AM, Jyrki Pulliainen wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
>
> > I'm pleased to announce new version of Django testing plugin for nose:
> > nosedjango version 0.8.1.
>
> What are the differences withhttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-nose?
> I just got my test + hudson setup more or less working, so I'm
> interested in alternatives :-)

The biggest difference with django-nose is the test isolation. In
nosedjango, by default, every single test nose finds is wrapped inside
a transaction when run. This guarantees that every test has a vanilla
database (as created by syncdb) at the start of the test and that
after any test, successful or not, the database is rollbacked back to
the vanilla condition.

Another key difference is how the tests are run: django-nose requires
the TEST_RUNNER to be set and the application added to INSTALLED_APPS
in settings.py. Nosedjango can just be run on commandline using
"nosetests --with-django", no additional setup is needed. One of pros
is that you can put your tests outside your main project tree so that
they don't get accidentally included if you happen to package your app
with distutils or setuptools/distribute. Con side is that the ./
manage.py test -machinery no longer works. So this one is more or less
a matter of taste.

- Jyrki