On 4 Mar, 14:22, David De La Harpe Golden
<david.delaharpe.gol...@ichec.ie> wrote:
> On 04/03/11 10:01, Tomasz Zieliński wrote:
>
> > On 2 Mar, 00:10, Jason Culverhouse <ja...@mischievous.org> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> It seems that the contenttype framework and the sites contribs
> >> conflict with using the autocommit:True database option.
>
> > Do you really need that autocommit? Django has its own concept of
> > autocommit,
> > which seems to just work most of the time.
> > With database-level autocommit turned on, Django-level transaction
> > handling
> > is not going to do anything useful.
>
> Uhm. That's inaccurate in the postgresql case, IIRC.

Ah, you are right! I assumed that it's implemented in a simlar way
across all backends.
MySQL backend doesn't mess with isolation levels and database
autocommit, leaving
default autocommit=False, as Python DB API requires.

--
Tomasz Zielinski
pyconsultant.eu