On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Thomas Weholt <thomas.weh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anything that can make django/python-based webapps easier to deploy is
> interesting. That's been the huge thing for all my PHP-friends; the
> ease of deployment. Now if we had something similar for django/python
> ... it would rock! :-) Used java for some years and war-files worked
> ok as well.

Yeah, I think giving users the ability to have a single deployable
binary (rather than having to do lots of sys admin work) will be
favourable.

My only concern is it will take away the need for users to learn about
this kinda stuff, but I dunno... Double edged sword I guess ;X

> And isn't this a trend nowadays; mac having their DMG-files and
> discussions in the linux community about making packages distro
> independant by compiling libs, binaries, resources etc into one
> executable archive?
>
> BTW; could you post the link to showing how the facebook guys are
> doing this? Haven't seen it.

50 odd minutes long:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100259101684977

It's *well* worth watching though.. Put an hour aside, make a cup of tea etc :)