This is not a database connection question, but a TCP connection problem.

I've got two different Django sites on the same server (which I admin), each
with their own similar vhosts and wsgi processes. The server uses
ConfigServer firewall  for automatic detection and firewalling of bad
behavior.

On one of the sites,  a small amount of clicking around in the admin will
cause that user's IP to be blocked with a message like:

DENY 128.33.33.123 * inout 29m 18s lfd - (CT) IP 128.33.33.123 (US/United
States/[hostname]) found to have 670 connections

(IP / hostname changed). Those 670 open connections can be created by simply
going to Users in the admin and clicking and saving seven User records in
sequence. That's it - firewalled. On the other Django site on the same
server, you can do that all day long with no problem.

I can sidestep the problem by changing the CT_LIMIT value in ConfigServer
Firewall to a very high value or disabling it, but then I lose the DDOS
protection it provides. Rather than work around it, I'd like to figure out
what in the world is causing this one site to generate so many TCP
connections during normal usage. But not sure where to begin.

Suggestions? Thanks.