Alan,

I think what you're talking about is this paragraph from the doc:
"Also, you can give RequestContext a list of additional processors,
using the optional, third positional argument, processors. In this
example, the RequestContext instance gets a ip_address variable:

def ip_address_processor(request):
    return {'ip_address': request.META['REMOTE_ADDR']}

def some_view(request):
    # ...
    return RequestContext(request, {
        'foo': 'bar',
    }, [ip_address_processor])
"

This isn't what I want, because it still forces me to explicitly write
something in every single view function, for every single variable,
that I ever want to appear in any included templates.  That sounds like
a maintenace nightmare.  What I want is a way for an included template
to have its _own_ view function and load its own objects.  And I want
the containing template to know nothing of the variables the included
template uses.

Mae