I want included-including templates to be able to act independently
from each other.  I want the including template to not have to know
anything about the particulars of the template it's including.

I want to be able to write {%include magic_template%} and
magic_template would be a url that would get mapped to its own view
function, which would do complex database access operations, open
sockets, do business logic, whatever, before returning
magic_template.html.

I have dozens of pages.  All of those pages are different from each
other, but they all have one thing in common -- they include
ticker.html.  Now this ticker.html requires certain variables to be
pre-populated.  Right now, I have to manually attach every single one
of those variables to every single view function for every single page.
 If I need to add another variable, I'll have to paste its name into
dozens of "render_to_response" statements.  This is a maintenance mess.
 And every single page is obliged to know that it's including
ticker.html, because it has to pass variables to it.  That's an
architectural mess.

So I'm looking for a way to include a template, passing it variables,
without ever having to type the names of those variables into anything.

Is this a better explanation?
Mae