Hi,

Set a virtualenv is good thing. You can write a shell script which set the
virtualenv and install all the external module with pip -r. Use pip -r
nameofrequriementsfile.txt. In this file, put the list of module with
version.
Exemple:
django==1.3
PIL==1.1.7

If you want distribute your own apps, submit them on Pypi
http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopTutorial