Following James' tutorial
(http://www.b-list.org/weblog/2006/06/06/django-tips-extending-user-model)
I created a UserProfile model, that is essentially:

class UserProfile(models.Model):
    board_member = models.BooleanField()
    user = models.OneToOneField(User)

What I want is a list of Users, ordered by last_name, filtering on
board_member=True.

I tried this:

User.objects.filter(get_profile__board_member=True), but this gives
the following:

TypeError: Cannot resolve keyword 'get_profile' into field

So I'm guessing that the filter syntax can't handle methods, just
attribute fields.

So to fix this, I tried going the other direction, by filtering on
UserProfile, and then ordering the results on User, doing this:

UserProfile.objects.filter(board_member=True).order_by('auth_user.last_name')

but I get this:

OperationalError: (1054, "Unknown column 'auth_user.last_name' in
'order clause'")

Any thoughts on this? Is this simply not possible with
get_profile/AUTH_PROFILE_MODULE

Thanks,
Jay P.