Hi all,

Warning: I'm a new user in town, new to django (albeit already totaly
converted this great framework), so be totally warned about my
potentially uber-noob question.

I have some troubles in the way special character (accentuated
character �, �, � and the like) are presented in the browser.

Here is my setup:

My settings.py file contains LANGUAGES = 'fr' as my site will be
presented in french.

I have a base.html template where I specify DOCTYPE, xml namespace,
etc.

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
xml:lang="{{ LANGUAGE_CODE }}" {% if LANGUAGE_BIDI %}dir="rtl"{% endif
%}>

In the <head> part, I also have

charset=UTF-8" />

I have all my {% block %} nicely setup.

In my base.html template, I have some accentuated character.

I also have an index.html template that extends base.html. In this
template, I also have accentuated character.

When I render index.html, the special character from base.html are
rendered normaly but the ones from index.html are shown as '?'.

Anyone has an idea where I need to look ?

Phil.