I also agree with documentation in Django. I'm amazed when I began
browsing for help files in the site. I did not expect that the docs
there are massive. It covers a lot of WHY did this happen and HOW to
make it happen. The help for Django has more ham compared to ruby on
rails. I think if you compile all the docs in djangoproject, throw in
additional examples and make it a PDF, it is even better than the ruby
on rails book that is out in the market right now.

BTW, I am a Rails-turned-to-Django user simply because of these
reasons: Python, Performance and Productivity. I think there is no need
to go in detail. Productivity can be argued but I just find the Python
syntax more readable compared to Ruby (I came from a dot net
development background).