I could probably set it up outside of cPanel but ultimately once I get it
working and learn it I want to set it up for multiple accounts. Better to
pound my head against the bugs and figure them out now, I think. I've
noticed that if I run the built-in development web server the project seems
to run fine on it's bound port. Does the built-in dev server provide it's
own startup page or is that loaded from the Django testproject? It's
basically just a page that says Django is setup and now needs to be
customized or whatever. I'm fighting dependencies on another issue at the
moment so I can't fire up the dev server again yet. I'm wondering if there
isn't just a permissions or config error with the mod_wsgi. I know the
guide was from 2008 and I kept that in mind as I made my way through
checking for updated files and dependencies, while keeping as close to the
guide as possible. I could have done a Python 2.7 setup with some extra
work but I stayed with 2.5 following the guide for example.