Hi folks

I'm a Django newbie (have found it very helpful!), so please excuse the
naivete. I have a question regarding team work on a Django project via
GitHub.

I followed your excellent tutorial and have a virtual Python v2.7
environment with Django 1.8.5 installed in it (FWIW: I thought I installed
Django 1.11, but django-admin --version shows 1.8.5). I then created my app
using "django-admin startproject foo" and got the project subdirectory as
expected. A quick check of the server showed the "Welcome to Django" page.

I then added a bunch of model definitions and customized the admin page. I
verified that everything was okay by looking at the admin web page on my
localhost - the customized page is there, and I was able to add some test
data for one of the models. At this point, others want to pitch in to help,
and so I bundled everything in my project subdirectory (including manage.py
and the initial sqlite3 db) into a git repo and pushed it up to GitHub.

The other team members also setup a virtual environment with Django, using
the same versions, and activated it. They then cloned the GitHub repo and
got all the project files as expected, and the directory structure looks
exactly the same.

However, when they runserver in the project, they only get the "Welcome to
Django" page. The project admin and login page doesn't show up. I've
verified that all the model and settings info is correct, but we haven't
been able to get the info to show on the web page.

Any suggestions on what we are doing wrong? I'm assuming a team can share a
Django project, but suspect we aren't collecting all the relevant files or
not getting the other team's environment set correctly.

Thanks
Ralph

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/714a9f8e-9ff6-4681-aa97-8881e177a746%40googlegroups.com.