Hi,

I am a beginner and please forgive me if my question is not up to the
standard. I've got two models one is Product which is saved in db already
and another one is Shop. I am trying to related both models with following
code.

class Product(models.Model):
    user = models.ForeignKey(settings.USER_AUTH_MODEL)
    title = models.CharField(max_length=120)
    description = models.TextField(blank=True, null=True)
    price = models.DecimalField(decimal_places=2, max_digits=20)
    publish_date = models.DateTimeField(auto_now=False, auto_now_add=False,
null=True, blank= True)
    expire_date = models.DateTimeField(auto_now=False, auto_now_add=False,
null=True, blank=True)
    active = models.BooleanField(default=True)
    categories = models.ManyToManyField('Category', blank=True)
    default = models.ForeignKey('Category', related_name='default_category',
null=True, blank=True)
    hitcounts = GenericRelation(HitCount, content_type_field='content_type',
object_id_field='object_pk',)

    objects = ProductManager()

    class Meta:
        ordering = ["-title"]

    def __unicode__(self):
        return self.title

class Shop(models.Model):
    product = models.ManyToManyField(Product)

    title = models.CharField(max_length=120, null=False)
    image = models.ImageField(upload_to=image_upload_to_shop, null=True)
    location = models.CharField(max_length=120)

    def __unicode__(self):
        return str(self.title)

With above I've got it added in my admin.py for Shop app and now I have a
problem. When I add a shop it shows all the past products prepopulated in
my "products" field.
I just need to add the products that shop account holder has uploaded. I
wish to use django\s built-in auth model to register shop holders. Again
the confusion is that where should I add
USER_AUTH_MODEL in "Shop" or in "Products". If I added it shop app then for
beginner like me it will be easy to use querysets. Please advise the best
practice for above scenario.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/bf649b76-0a5e-4e48-b54c-dfdcd0ae1a16%40googlegroups.com.