Dear All,

I'm a newbie with Django, and have what is probably a very simple question.

I'm trying to get the values from an html drop-down form.

I've got a form like this:

<form action="ansQuestion" method="post">
<select>
<option value="A">A</option>
<option value="B">B</option>
<option value="C">C</option>
<option value="D">D</option>
<option value="E">E</option>
</select>

<input type="submit" value="Choose" />
</form>

with a method in views.py:

ansQuestion(request):
     q = get_object_or_404(Question)
     answer = request.POST['value']

but I keep getting an error about an empty MultiValuedDict {}, which I
think means that I'm not getting the values back. Is this because the
form is passing the wrong variables (in which case what should I put in
the form), or is there something different I should be doing?

Thanks,

Matt

--
http://acl.icnet.uk/~mw