On 12/14/06, Adrian Holovaty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've added some more instructions to the "Using branches" part of our
> documentation. Let me know if this helps.
>
> http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/contributing/#using-branches
>
> Adrian

No mention of the cross-platform path files? I would say they are
easier to edit (comment/uncomment a line in a file) than symlink and
as they are a python feature (not an OS feature) they work on any OS.

Just place the file `django.pth` in your site-packages dir (or
anywhere on your pythonpath). The file would look something like this:

    /path/to/django_src
    # /path/to/django_branch1
    # /path/to/django_branch2

If you want to switch to branch2, just edit the file and comment line
one and uncomment line 3. It's that easy.

For more on path files see this page:
http://bob.pythonmac.org/archives/2005/02/06/using-pth-files-for-python-development/

--
----